Thursday, February 25, 2010

TEACHING BY THE SPIRIT

Mon 2/22/10 10:36 AM
Hello!It is awesome to hear about all the people getting mission calls and leaving on their missions! The work is moving forward pretty well here. We had 9 non-members at sacrament meeting between the two units, Chilton and Manitowoc, yesterday! Sister Lee's whole family finally made it to church this week! So that was 5 non-member/investigators right there. It was another awesome week for lessons for us, too. We have been doing really well with being even more open with everyone we meet. Our higher level of boldness is encouraging our faith, while it is our faith that gives us boldness in the first place. It's interesting how often principles and attributes do that in the gospel and in life.

We found 3 new investigators who actually know the Greenfield family from my last area. (Muskego) When I left there to be transfered, they told me about this family who they were friends with (there daughters fought cancer at the same time together). Since I've been in Manitowoc, we have tried to meet with their family, but there was always something going on, and our rescheduled appointments never worked out. Finally, we were able to teach the daughters and one of their friends the Restoration, and they accepted copies of the Book of Mormon as well as the commitment to read and pray about it. Hopefully they will progress, attend church, gain a testimony, be baptized, receive the Holy Ghost, and be sealed together as an Eternal family in the temple! They could use that in their lives.

Cole Miller has been progressing well, and he attended all three meetings yesterday, for the first time in his life. He did, however, have to postpone his baptism date until the end of March. (Hopefully I'm still here) This isn't bad for us because it will give us more time to help him and his family understand that the commitment to be baptized includes the commitment to attend church weekly, and not just the necessary 3 consecutive times before his baptism. Although we have taught that, we aren't sure that the family completely understands it.

We also had some good lessons yesterday. One in particular, I knew 100% that the Spirit was working through me as I taught. It is awesome when that happens because it is almost like I can "sit back" and listen to and think about the things I am saying. I feel like I am being taught as much as the people we are actually teaching. Not too mention, the people we are teaching can feel the Spirit stronger when that happens.

Anyway, I am glad everything is well at home! And that is very exciting that Dad will be the one baptizing is former assistant! Thank you for your prayers, and I will talk to you next week!

Love,
Elder Vogan

No comments:

Post a Comment