Tuesday, January 18, 2011

THE 'VISION' TRAINING PROGRAM

Mon. 1/19/11
Hi family,

Hope everyone had a great week! Ours went pretty well. We had a really intense district meeting on Wednesday. I'm not sure if I told you about our "vision" training last week, but we did it again for the other district, and it was a whole different experience. It started off a little bit rocky, maybe because people were coming in and leaving for interviews with President Jones, but it was still pretty good. We taught about the importance of having a vision/goal to work toward, and how to make it effective, inspired, and inspiring. But unlike the rocky beginning, when we started the visualization (all the missionaries close their eyes and visualize what I say), missionaries were really having inspired visions come to there minds and the Spirit in the room was really strong. Because a couple people missed it, we decided to do it twice, and it was even more intense the second time. The assistants were there, and during it, they were both grabbing their notebooks and writing like crazy the things they learned. One missionary was very emotional even as he shared the sacred experience he had. It was a really cool experience.

The rest of the week was good too. We had exchanges from Wednesday to Thursday with the assistants and one of the district leaders, and we had leadership training on Friday. I'm constantly learning, and I love it. Missions are awesome! I'm excited for whatever the Lord has in store for me this week, all those I'll get to teach and serve. I hope all of you enjoy your week as well!

Love,

Elder Vogan

No comments:

Post a Comment