Monday, October 19, 2009

AN AWESOME WEEK WITH NEW INVESTIGATORS

Mon 10/19/09 9:50 AM
You know, what's funny is it seems like alot of the "Wisconsin-ites" are even colder than I am. I am not going to lie though, I do keep my hands in my pockets while we are tracting because they get pretty cold, and outside sand volleyball isn't quite as fun as it was a month ago, but some people out on the streets already have on their heavy snow gear. Everyone that I talk to, who knows I haven't experienced a cold winter, is sure to do what they can to scare me - and sometimes it works. Last week I bought some long underwear, thick gloves, a zip up hoodie, and a sweater vest; and today I might buy some more stuff.

That's cool that Sister Little will be going out to Mesa and will be able to meet Mom and maybe the family. She had me write a letter for Mom that she could hand-deliver. I couldn't really think of much to say on the spot, so hopefully it is still worthwhile. I think it will be fun for you guys though.

I'm glad to her that you have a lot of people signed up for the seminars. I wonder what the chances would be that I knew one of the snow birds that go? Haha, that would be another crazy connection if something like that happened. And with that Mexico thing, I will remember to pray for your decision with that too.

Well this past week was awesome! Friday turned out to be a day of one thing after another, and we taught 9 lessons that day - 26 for the week. That day I was also able to meet the daughter (Katie) of the man who had the heart attack awhile back. She is being taught by the Oak Creek Elders and is on track to be baptized on 11/14! And another cool thing about that was that she was able to give me her parents' information so that I could contact them! I didn't think that there was any way for me to get in contact with them, but I was definitely blessed to be able to see them on Saturday. They live in our ward boundaries not too far away from the Littles. Both Katie and her parents (Ralph and Cheryl) had alot of emotions when I talked with them, and Ralph and Cheryl are going to have us over for dinner at their house on Sunday. We are working to see if Elder Vance can get permission to come down too because they really want to see him again too. Maybe since it's such a cool story President will let him come.

Our prayers for new investigators to teach are being answered these past two weeks. We had 3 last week and 2 more this week. Maureen was someone we started teaching last week, and she has a baptism (goal) date for the 14th of Nov. that we set with her on Friday. Our 3 "most taught" investigators Doug, Steve, and Zak are still in our teaching pool. Doug is pluggin' along - came to church, and back excited to learn, but Steve and Zak seem to be in a slump. Steve still doesn't return our calls, but we taught him twice last week and is still fairly interested, just lazy I guess. And Zak is a "cool" highschool kid, so that gets in the way. His two sisters are being taught by the Sister missionaries, and they are both still doing pretty good.

Well I hope this longer email this week makes up for some of the past few shorter ones! I love you and thank you for all that you have done for me!

-Elder Vogan

No comments:

Post a Comment